Here are some of the most interesting blogs from the past week:
- Dr. Oz Gives Supermarket Prescription for Cellulite: An overwhelming majority of us, 85 percent of adult women, have cellulite and Dr. Oz is convinced that we can easily do something about it and get actual results.
- Mia's Story- Immunizations: My daughter Mia had a mysterious health "condition" for 1 year. This article tells her story, how I helped her "detox", and why I question immunizations today.
- McDonough Reminds Residents to Re-Register for STAR Exemption: Assemblyman Dave McDonough, R-Merrick reminds residents that, as of Aug. 19, the re-registration for Basic STAR exemptions will be underway through Dec. 31.
- Denenberg Hosts West Nile, Mosquito Control Forum: Mosquito season is here. Leg. Denenberg and Nassau County Health Department Commissioner Lawrence Eisenstein, M.D. present a forum to discuss and respond to questions regarding mosquito control, West Nile Virus and health and safety measures for you and your family.
- Long Island Books for Summer Reading: One of the most extraordinary aspects of Long Island is that even that it is quintessentially - almost stereotypically - suburban, it nonetheless possesses a distinct regional identity, rich history, and body of literature thereof that's usually associated with an individual nation or state.
- Just One More Week to Act: In just one week the Maritime Administration (“MarAd”) will stop accepting public comments on the plans to build a deepwater LNG port in coastal waters off Long Beach, NY and Sandy Hook, NJ.
- Three Tips for Finding the Support to Succeed: Going to college can be difficult for any person. However, adult students face additional pressures when returning to school.
- Ten Important Questions to Ask Before Buying a Hearing Aid: Selecting your first hearing aid can be a stressful experience. With so many options, brands and styles and available, it can be easy for a first time hearing aid buyer to get overwhelmed.