1. The Levittown Slammers play their first game in the double elimination bracket of the Babe Ruth World Series against a team from North Olympic, Washington today at 3:30 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time). They clinched a spot in the bracket with a 7-0 win over Oswatomie, Kansas yesterday.
2. Yesterday, we ran Part 1 of a feature on author Steve Bergsman's book "Growing Up Levittown," in which he talked about his upbringing in the suburb. Today, in Part 2, which will run at noon, Bergsman talks about his motives for writing the book.
3. Eisenhower Park's Summer Concert Series continues today with a performance by Manhattan Jazz. The concert starts at noon and will take place at the shady area near parking lot 6A. A leisure passport is required for the free concert.
4. The Town of Hempstead's Neighborhood Concert Series will also continue today as Invisible Sun, a Police tribute band, will play at Seamans Neck Park in Seaford. The concert starts at 8 p.m. and is free.
5. Tonight is Ladies Night Miller's Ale House. Miller's will have 10 drink specials for ladies between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. tonight.