1) No, you weren't imagining it - our area felt the effects of an earthquake that reached 5.9 on the Richter scale yesterday. Both the and areas felt the quake, and county and town officials on Patch. In today's question of the day (for Levittown), you will get a chance to tell your quake story if you wish (and haven't already done so).
2) Both the Levittown and Island Trees school districts have special board of education meetings tonight. The Island Trees school board meeting will be in the conference room of the at 7 p.m., while the special Levittown board meeting and plannign session will be at the at 7:30 p.m..
3) Here they go again: Whitesnake will at the tonight with special guests Tesla, Lita Fora, Sebastian Bach and FireHouse. The doors open at the theater at 4 p.m.. A preview article from the Wantagh-Seaford site can be found .
4) For the second consecutive week, the will hold a "" event, where children between the ages of 18 months and 5 years will learn something new and exciting. The event starts at 11 a.m..
5) in Wantagh is having another . Residents are advised to bring their banjos and tubas and show their stuff. The event runs from 9:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m..