Each week, Patch Picks will highlight editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, our family, friends and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girls' nights out, kids party places, parks and more.
This week, Levittown Patch searches for some of the best places in town to spend Feb. 14. Whether you're married, single or dating- we have a spot where everyone can enjoy Valentine’s Day dinner!
1. Domenico’s: For a more traditional setting, head to Domenico’s and indulge in their classic Italian menu. They are family owned and operated, using their very own homemade sauce with many of the dishes. Entrees range from Chicken Scaloppini Francaise to Veal Cutlet Parmigiana and everything in between. Bring a loved one here, cozy up and get ready to take pleasure in a truly leisurely and delicious meal.
Location: 3270 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown
2. South of the Border: Mexican food lovers will feel the heat at South of the Border on Wantagh Avenue. Dim lighting and festive decorations are sure to put everyone in a romantic mood, but if that doesn't work share some sangria and tasty guacamole with that special someone. Quick, efficient service will surely impress your date.
Location: 335 Wantagh Avenue, Levittown
3. Governor’s Comedy Club: Though not the usual romantic spot some may have in mind, a few good laughs are sure to break the ice. Take your date to Governor’s “A Monty Valentine”, featuring comedian Chris Monty, and you will both spend the night in good spirits. Admission is $14 plus a two beverage minimum. If you’re looking to have dinner during the show, they are offering a special “dinner and show” package for $39.99 per person. Reservations are required and each lady will receive a complimentary rose.
Location: 90 Division Avenue, Levittown
4. Porto Fino Ristorante: A true local favorite, Porto Fino’s is a definite go-to spot for Levittown residents. Carafes of wine are generous and table service is superior. A warm and genuine atmosphere certainly lends itself well to any Valentine’s night out.
Location: 3355 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown
5. La Focaccia: Bringing tradition back to Levittown, this small and quaint restaurant offers a menu with some big tastes. Servers are astute to your every need, making this a great spot for a relaxing Valentine’s Day dinner. Usual Italian fare is available, including pizzettes, gnocchi and lasagna. La Focaccia also features a fully stocked bar with great variety of wines and liquors.
Location: 70 East Village Green, Levittown
Editor's Note: Combine a meal at one of these spots with our Great Escape for a nice Valentine's night out.