The Levittown Board of Education held a regular meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 14.
Here is a recap of the meeting, with info. supplied by Board President Michael Pappas:
- The Board of Education honored seven high school students for being recognized in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
From DAHS: Emily Doglio, Ashley Stinnet and Matthew Wilson were Commended Students.
From MacArthur High School: John Carruba and Harley Dietz were Commended Students. Gabriella Ciuffetelli was a National Hispanic Scholar. Liam Lang was a Semi-Finalist.
- The board approved a resolution refinancing certain serial bonds that will save the School District approximately 900,000 over the next 11 years.
- The Board renewed the contractual agreement with MSG Varsity to film and televise sporting events within the district.
- The Board approved the following gifts to the schools: Check from Stop and Shop A+ program for Northside Elementary School for 1,603.73.
High Definition Video Camera given by Lee Road PTA ( Box Tops for Education).
A 32" LCD TV with wall mounting Bracket for Abbey Lane School given by Abbey Lane PTA.
- The Board officially accepted the independent auditors report for the school year ended June 30, 2012. The report may now be discussed publicly.
Next meeting will be a planning session on Nov. 28 7:30pm at LMEC.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now