1) After the Island Trees and Wantagh school districts began classes yesterday, the and Seaford school districts begin classes today.
2) Today is also the opening game for two of the Levittown school district's sports teams, and both are home. boys soccer is home to Freeport in a , while girls volleyball is home to Lynbrook in . Both games start at 4:30 p.m.. Today is also the at Island Trees Memorial Middle School.
3) In case you missed it yesterday, we've been running vignettes from local community members, asking them to relive September 11, 2001. Yesterday we ran one written by , who was a middle school student at the time. Today, we are major featuring one written by , whose husband was a first responder after the attacks.
4) Like lobster? has a weekly Starting at 11 a.m., a 1 1/4 Whole Maine Lobster goes for $12.95 ($13.95 stuffed). It comes with a choice of a side dish.
5) It rained - heavily - yesterday. There is a 50 percent chance that it will rain again today, according to the National Weather Service forecast. Rainfall amounts are expected to be under a half an inch.