Residents can learn how you can lower their tax bills by taking advantage of tax exemptions, assessment challenges and tax discounts. Clavin will answer your questions about property taxes and provide other important taxpayer information. Free admission.
Call the Office of the Receiver of Taxes for further information at (516) 538-1500.
- Jan. 9, 2 & 7 p.m. - West Hempstead Library, 500 Hempstead Ave., West Hempstead
- Jan. 10, 2 p.m. - Elmont Memorial Library, 700 Hempstead Turnpike, Elmont
- Jan. 14, 7 p.m. - Lynbrook Library, 56 Eldert St., Lynbrook
- Jan. 17, 2 p.m. - Merrick Library, 2279 Merrick Ave., Merrick
- Jan. 24, 7 p.m. - Valley Stream Village Hall, 123 South Central Ave., Valley Stream
- Jan. 29, 2 & 7 p.m. - Levittown Library, 1 Bluegrass Lane, Levittown
- Jan. 31, 2 p.m. - Baldwin Library, 2385 Grand Ave., Baldwin
- Feb. 4, 7 p.m. - Freeport Memorial Library, 144 West Merrick Road, Freeport
- Feb. 5, 7 p.m. - Hempstead Library, 115 Nichols Court, Hempstead
- Feb. 7, 2 p.m. - Oceanside Library, 30 Davison Ave., Oceanside
- Feb. 12, 7 p.m. - Oceanside Library, 30 Davison Ave., Oceanside
Time: Shelter hours -- 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.; Monday through Saturday
Location: Town of Hempstead Animal Shelter, 3320 Beltagh Ave., Wantagh
"Adopt a cuddly cat or dog for free during the Town of Hempstead's 'Orphans of the Storm Pet Adoption Program.' Our shelter will waive all pet adoption fees and will include free rabies vaccinations, free microchipping and free spaying or neutering services. Stop by and see the loving cats and dogs that are eager to find a new home this holiday season and spend the rest of their lives with you."