Listed below is a list of just some of the events being held at the Levittown Public Library for the month of October. For the full list of events, please visit the library website.
Please note that some events may require registration or tickets, and some events may require a fee.
Events From October 1 - 31
- Exhibit: Don Wilson—Acrylic paintings of Long Island Landscapes
- Artist’s Reception: Thursday, October 11, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Exhibit Area. Light refreshments served.
- Display Cases: League of Women Voters.
- The Levittown Historical Society—Levittown’s 65th Anniversary.
- Tuesdays, October 2, 9, and 16, at 10:00 a.m. Quilting for Beginners with Carol Irwin. Upon registration, participants will receive a required materials list for these free classes. No fee. Registration required.
- Tuesday, October 2, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Video Game Club for Adults Join with your friends or come make new ones! Play video games such as bowling, tennis, and Scene-It, in a non-competitive setting. First-come, first-served basis. No fee or registration required.
- Wednesday, October 3, from 10:00 to 2:30 p.m. Adult Game Club There are tables available to meet and play cards, checkers, mahjong, and any other table game for fun. Tables are on a first-come, first-served basis. Join a group or bring your own players. Please bring your own game supplies. No fee or registration required.
- Wednesday, October 3, at 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Your Computer: The Possibilities Session 1 Workshop: Learn how to use your word processing program to write a letter, create a newsletter, and make a flyer or a sign. You must have computer knowledge equivalent to Computer 1st Grade. Fee and Registration required.
- Wednesday, October 3, at 8:00 p.m. Library Board of Trustees Meeting. The Board of Trustees meetings are open to the public. The agenda includes a Period for Public Expression. Friday, October 5, at 9:30 a.m.
- AARP Driver Safety Program Fee: $17.00 for AARP Members; $19.00 for non-members, (check or money order). Fee and Registration required.
- Friday, October 5, 2012 Feature Film 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. In the Community Room The Big Year Rated PG, 1 hr. 40 minutes. No fee. No tickets required.
- Saturday, October 6, at 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Computer 2nd Grade Workshop: Introduction to spreadsheets. You will learn how to create a workbook, input and work with data, formulas and functions, formatting, and how to design a spreadsheet. Fee and Registration required.
- Tuesday, October 9, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Video Game Club for Adults. Join with your friends or come make new ones! Play video games such as bowling, tennis, and Scene-It, in a non-competitive setting. First-come, first-served basis. No fee or registration required.