The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.
- While at 7-Eleven on Sunrise Highway in Bellmore, a man left the keys inside his 2011 black Jeep Liberty, and when he returned, the vehicle was missing.
- Sometime between 9 p.m. on Aug. 24 and 7:15 a.m. on Aug. 25, a black Mercedes was broken into on Anthony Avenue in Bellmore. The complaintant told police that cash was stolen, and there was no damage done to the vehicle.
- Sometime between 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 20 and 8:30 a.m. on Aug. 21, items were stolen from a vehicle that was parked on Saw Mill Road in North Bellmore.
- Sometime between 6 p.m. on Aug. 24 and 7 a.m. on Aug. 25, a shed that stands at the intersection of Goldie Avenue and Bellmore Avenue in North Bellmore was damaged. Nothing was stolen from the shed, police added.
- Sometime between 8 p.m. on Aug. 23 and 7 a.m. on Aug. 24, vehicles parked at the intersection of Oak Street and Bedford Avenue in Bellmore had paint thrown on them.
- Ivan Arias, 28, was one of 25 people that was arrested as part of a sweep that targeted drunk drivers who attempted to violate ignition interlock requirements. Read more here.
- On Aug. 24, a bike was stolen off of Front Street. The bike lock was cut, police said.
- Two Gamestop employees were tied up and held at gunpoint during a robbery in Merrick Tuesday morning, according to police. Click here to find out more about this story.
- Sometime between 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 24 and 11:30 a.m. on Aug. 25, a Wynsum Avenue car was broken into, and a cell phone charger, sunglasses and clothing were stolen from the vehicle.
- Sometime between 9 p.m. on Aug. 25 and midnight on Aug. 26, a minivan parked on Frankel Boulevard in Merrick had its driver's side mirror damaged.
- On Aug. 26, between 10:15 p.m. and 10:28 p.m., a beer can was thrown through the window of a home on Fraser Avenue in North Merrick.
- Construction material was reported stolen on Aug. 22 from a construction yard on Hicksville Road in Seaford.
- A woman at Washington Avenue Park in Seaford reported on Aug. 23 that her pocketbook containing credit cards, debit cards, cash and other miscellaneous items was missing from her 2008 black Chevy Tahoe.
- A white Ford E250 was reported stolen at the Seaford Long Island Rail Road Station on Aug. 26.
- A fence was reported damaged on Fulton Avenue in Seaford on August 26.
- A woman reported her wallet stolen from Seaford Bagels on 3970 Merrick Road in Seaford on Aug. 26. She left the wallet at the eatery and upon returning discovered it missing, police said.
- A Seaford man who was spotted trespassing at a home he'd been kicked out of was arrested for Wednesday and charged with committing a robbery of Dairy Barn in Massapequa two days prior. For more on the story, click here.
- Assorted hand tools were reported stolen from an automobile parked on Charles Lane in Wantagh on Aug. 16.
- An employee at Iavarone Bros. on 1166 Wantagh Ave., in Wantagh reported on Aug,. 17 that locks from the storage at the rear of the building had been cut with cardboard bales stolen. The complainant stated that this has also happened in the past.
- On Aug. 21, Amanda Gabora, 27, of Wantagh was arrested at Macy’s in the Sunrise Mall in Massapequa and charged with petit larceny.
- On Aug. 23, Jose Mojica, 30, of Roosevelt was arrested on Seneca Place in Wantagh and charged with first-degree leaving the scene of an accident with personal injury, leaving the scene of an incident without a report and unlicensed operation.
- On Aug. 25, Pietro Amato, 18, of Massapequa was arrested on Larch Street near Merrick Road in Wantagh and charged with fourth-degree possession of a dangerous weapon and driving while intoxicated.