The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.Bellmore
• Sometime between Feb. 5-11, an unknown suspect cut a hole in a chain-linked fence at Wantagh Mazda, located at 853 Sunrise Highway in Bellmore, and stole tires and rims from four vehicles.
• Sometime between 9:30 p.m. and 11:20 p.m. on Feb. 17, a car was broken into while parked in the Applebee's parking lot. Cigarettes and an undisclosed amount of cash were stolen.
• At 12:21 a.m. on Feb. 12, Michael Coveny, 46, of Bellmore, was arrested at the intersection of Newbridge Road and Sunrise Highway and charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated driving while intoxicated and a violation of the vehicle and traffic law.Massapequa
• A patron at Woody's Village Saloon on 1015 Park Blvd. was hit in the back of the head with a pool stick and knocked to the ground on Feb. 9.
• The body of a North Massapequa woman was found outside a vacant home on Ocean Avenue on Feb. 14.
• Four men were arrested on Feb. 19 after cops found a gun and burglar tools inside their car on 4116 Sunrise Highway.Merrick
• At 7:38 a.m. on Feb. 17, a resident that lives on Julian Lane in Merrick received a call from someone claiming that their brother had been kidnapped. They also tried to intimidate the victim into giving money.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now