Two People Treated for Injuries in Levittown House Fire

Credit: Richard Verde
Credit: Richard Verde
Two residents of a home on Serpentine Lane in Levittown were treated for injuries sustained in a house fire Saturday evening, fire department officials said. 

The fire occurred 4:14 p.m. and the blaze was started in the bedroom of the home due to smoking from cigarettes, said Harry Loud, Public Information Officer for the Wantagh Fire Department. 

The fire was extinguished in 10 to 15 minutes, Loud said. The male resident was treated for minor burns while the female resident was treated for smoke inhalation, he said. 

The Wantagh Fire Department received assistance from the Levittown, East Meadow and Massapequa Fire Departments.

Serpentine Lane is located just north of Old Jerusalem Road and east of Gardiners Avenue in Levittown. 


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »