The Levittown Board of Education holds a regular meeting Wednesday night, 7:30 p.m. at the Levittown Memorial Education Center.
Here's a look at what's on tonight's agenda, courtesy of the Levittown schools website:
- The board will recognize a Northside art display, Michael Etzel's Eagle Scout award, Esta Lachow and Gina Interdonato and the 2013 Adopt-a-Family program and MacArthur High School's performance of Les Miserables.
- Superintendent Dr. James Grossane will do a follow-up to prior public be heard questions and board questions and go over reports.
VII. Action Items: New Business
- The board is expected to approve a contract with HBM Consultants, "in the sum of $850 per day for cafeteria design review, $10,000 for development of the school lunch Request For Proposal (RFP) and $850 per day to review contract compliance with the selected food service company."
- The board is expected to adopt a new policy on staff use of personal/mobile technology.
- The board is expected to accept a check in the amount of $35,000 for Division HS, donated by the Klein Foundation, "to establish scholarships of $5,000 per year for seven years for Division Avenue students pursuing a career in visual arts."
- Laurel Lane Lease: "Recommended Motion: "Whereas, it is mutually beneficial to the Levittown Public Schools and The Elijah School to enter into a lease agreement for the Laurel Lane School; NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Levittown Board of Education approve the attached three-year lease agreement between the Levittown Public Schools and The Elijah School and that the President of the Board of Education is, hereby, authorized to sign the attached lease agreement. "
A planning session will be held on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.