Whether it’s football, soccer or tennis, fall sports will soon be underway in Levittown, and we want to help share all the great moments and highlights with the community! Patch is looking for athletes, coaches, parents, booster club members and fans who are eager to show their team spirit on Levittown Patch.
News about any team--from youth football and soccer to middle and high school sports, recreational teams, adult leagues and more--it's all welcome.
Here's how you can share news about your sports team this spring:
1. Start a blog about your sports team: Share stats, recaps, photos and/or videos from the game in your own sports blog. Discuss the team, coaches and players with other fans in the community.
Interested in blogging? First, you need to sign in and create an account. Or, if you're already a Patch user, update your profile.
1. Go to http://levittown-ny.patch.com.
2. Click on "Join" on the upper right side of the page.
3. Follow the simple instructions to confirm your account.
4. Log in and click on your name in the upper right.
5. Click on "Edit Profile" on the right and add a photo and a brief bio
Second, here’s how to start a blog:
1. Once you’re logged in, go to http://levittown-ny.patch.com/blog.
2. After reading the Patch Blogging Guidelines, Tips and FAQ, click the “Write a New Blog Post” button on the left side of the page.
3. For your first blog, all you need is a category, a brief description, a photo and then your text in the body of the article.
4. Click “Post Now,” or if you are not ready to post, save it as a draft and come back to it later.
2. Upload pictures and video of your team to our gallery: Snap an awesome photo at the game? Catch the winning run, match point or goal on video? Share it on Patch!
3. Announce your team's wins, awards, fundraisers, highlights, and more: Did one of your favorite players get named as player of the week? Have an upcoming fundraiser? Post an announcement and let the community know. And be sure to add a photo if you want your announcement featured on the homepage!
4. Place events, such as fundraisers, special competitions, etc., on the calendar: Want to get more fans in the stands? Be sure to let everyone know where and when your next game is taking place by posting it on our free event calendar. This is also a great place to let the community know the where and when of any other special team events.
5. Connect with Levittown Patch Patch on Twitter and Facebook: If you have a team Facebook or Twitter account, be sure to tag us in your posts and tweets so that we can help spread the word. You can follow Levittown Patch on Twitter by clicking here. Or, "like" us on our Facebook page here.