The council will be holding their kick-off meeting Monday, September 23, 7:30 p.m. at their new venue, The Levittown Public Library, Bluegrass entrance, first meeting room on the left.
The council has invited numerous organization member representatives to attend this meeting and share with the community planned events and activities that they have for the coming year. Among those attending the meeting are the Levittown VFW/Elks Club, The Levittown Historical Society, Nassau Lionel Operating Engineers, Levittown Swimming Association and many more.
Upcoming Events in Levittown
The council would also like to announce several upcoming events from organization members.
- St. Bernard's Catholic Church will hold a musical presentation "I Do, I Do" on Saturday September 28, 2:00 p.m. in the auditorium. Tickets are $10 and are on sale at the rectory. For more information, visit their website at:www.stbernardslevittown.org.
- The Levittown Kiwanis will hold a Craft Fair on September 29 at Levittown Hall, 201 Levittown Parkway, Hicksville from 10 am. to 4 p.m. For vendor info, please contact Linda at 516 579-5361.
- Levittown Chamber of Commerce will hold their Fall Business Festival on October 5, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in front of the Levittown Public Library, Veterans Memorial Park. Visit with local businesses, craft vendors, a pumpkin patch and the Levittown Fire Department smoke house. Stop by the Levittown Community Council table!
- The Levittown Fire Department will hold a fire prevention open house on October 11, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Gardiners Avenue firehouse.
- The Levittown Library hosts "The Ghosts of Long Island" on Tuesday, October 29 at 7:00 pm. Author Kerriann Flanagan Bosky brings stories of ghostly legends and the paranormal on Long Island to life in vibrant detail. Registration Oct 8 at 6:00 p.m. in person or by phone at the Reference Desk. More info. can be found at the library website.
- The next Levittown Community Council general meeting will be held on October 28. Donna River-Downy will be providing a hands-on presentation regarding social media.