Wondering what's going on in Levittown this week?
Check out some events taking place in town this week and if you see we've missed something, add it to the boards.
- Monday is Labor Day, a federal holiday that celebrates the social and economic achievements of American Workers. “It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country,” according to the US Department of Labor. There are a number of businesses and services that are shut down in Levittown Monday – click here to find out what’s open and closed.
- It’s back to school this week for Levittown students! The first day of school for both the Levittown School District and the Island Trees School District is Wednesday, September 4. Find out other important dates for school here.
- The Levittown Library hosts an AARP Driver Safety Program on Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. The fee is$17.00 for AARP Members; $19.00 for non-members.
- The library will also host an Adult Game Club on Wednesday, September 4. There are tables available to meet and play cards, checkers, mahjong and any other table games for fun.
- Are you
wondering what were the top stories on Levittown Patch for the month of August
2013? Check back later today to find out.
- Are you prepared for flu season? Flu season begins in October and can last as long as May. There are a number of local pharmacies offering free flu shots. Check back tomorrow for a story highlighting locations to get your flu shot.